Friday, September 11, 2009

My new Blogspot... and Looking at golf balls.

Summer is quickly passing in this part of the world. My two kids are back in school. I am eternally behind in updating the lovely webpage I have. My Mother has flown back home to Australia after spending some time with us in the USA. My husband is educating undergrads at the University of Maryland in the ways of sociology.

And I am looking at golf balls.

And you are probably wondering by now... after a Summer of great travel through Midwest visiting landmark cities and finding scenic old drive-in theaters, and then going half way around the world with 25 members of my family on a tour to photograph fabulous wildlife in South Africa.... Why golf balls?

And it all comes back to old friends. I met Lynni Megginson for the first time, three houses ago when I was looking for a sofa. I didn't know one sofa from another (and still don't) and couldn't fit furniture into any room I ever had. I had moved into a great house and wanted to redecorate and got stuck with one room, my living room, and how to decorate the troublesome spot. And I didn't much care for other colors in the house either. A neighbor of mine sent me to her shop (at the time) and I met Lynni, a very energetic and upbeat woman (and Ellen too), whom I immediately took a liking to. She took care of me like a sister and found my sofa (which I still have) and decorated my living room the way I wanted it, but better. And we found colors for the drab house.... and so it began.

Several, several years later (and two more houses which she has decorated for me), we are still friends. Her company, L&M Design, has grown to be a reknowned company not just in this area, but nationally. And now Lynni is working on a project of a lifetime... the Charity Works Green House. (www.charityworksgreenhouse.com).

All my readers MUST look up this project. It is a basic idea of building a "green" house in McLean, Virginia, using several noted decorators and designers that is a serious touch of luxury. I mean... If you can prove that a bigger house than the usual-sized green houses can work and look great and be (Did they say 80% more efficient than the average house per sq footage?), then this would draw some BIG attention.

And golf balls?

Oh? Lynni decided to ask me to provide some photos for the fun "virtual golf" room (you have to read about this!). These will be four small themed shots and a larger shot to go in the room.

And me... my friend, Lynni, I am having a ball!